As of today, 11 days to go until my due date! I had my 38 week check up yesterday. She reported no progress - still at 3cm dilated and 70% effaced which was a little frustrating based on the discomfort I've had since my last appointment. Oh well, it still could be anytime and she did reassure me that for my first baby - it's great that I'm this far already! Baby's heartrate was between 135-143 yesterday. Lil' trickster! I just don't know what to think of it. I think I'm sticking with my boy prediction, and Derek for sure is sticking with his girl prediction. :)
Derek and I have been sticking close to home lately. Last weekend we drove around Lake Bloomington, went out for lunch and dinner, took a walk with Millie, I read and Derek got in 9 holes of golf. Even though it was nice and relaxing - I think we were both a little bored. So if Baby isn't here this weekend - who knows. Maybe we'll tackle another home improvement project. We've been eyeing some new front porch lights for awhile. We'll see what the weekend brings. We are hoping Baby doesn't come this weekend since it's cousin Maggie's birthday is the 18th!!!
Millie has been acting quite weird lately. She is obssessed with me. She follows me around, she stares at me, and is just always right under me. She even goes to the bathroom with me now. She is usually a Daddy's girl - always wanting to sit on his lap! So she's been creeping me out lately! haah! She has even whined/whimpered a couple of times while she stares at me. We've been convinced she knows something - but if she does, she's been wrong because Baby is not here yet! Maybe she just senses that something is changing and Baby is coming soon. I've included a picture of her staring at me while I put my makeup on in the bathroom. This was one of those times she was whimpering, too. Strange!
Well - hopefully we'll be able to post at least one more belly photo next week! That would mean we made it past Maggie's birthday! :)
Derek and I have been sticking close to home lately. Last weekend we drove around Lake Bloomington, went out for lunch and dinner, took a walk with Millie, I read and Derek got in 9 holes of golf. Even though it was nice and relaxing - I think we were both a little bored. So if Baby isn't here this weekend - who knows. Maybe we'll tackle another home improvement project. We've been eyeing some new front porch lights for awhile. We'll see what the weekend brings. We are hoping Baby doesn't come this weekend since it's cousin Maggie's birthday is the 18th!!!
Millie has been acting quite weird lately. She is obssessed with me. She follows me around, she stares at me, and is just always right under me. She even goes to the bathroom with me now. She is usually a Daddy's girl - always wanting to sit on his lap! So she's been creeping me out lately! haah! She has even whined/whimpered a couple of times while she stares at me. We've been convinced she knows something - but if she does, she's been wrong because Baby is not here yet! Maybe she just senses that something is changing and Baby is coming soon. I've included a picture of her staring at me while I put my makeup on in the bathroom. This was one of those times she was whimpering, too. Strange!
Well - hopefully we'll be able to post at least one more belly photo next week! That would mean we made it past Maggie's birthday! :)
It's getting so close! I know how frustrating it can be to have to wait and wait and wait (just because I did it twice). It's annoying now, but as soon as the baby comes you forget how bored and achy and cranky you were...mainly because you have so much more to think about. He or she will be here soon!!!!
ReplyDelete