We had our 39 week appointment yesterday. I am dilated to 3-4cm and 90%effaced. The doctor was kind of surprised that baby wasn't here yet and was guessing that I was probably in early labor and didn't even know it. We are really hoping baby comes soon and if it doesn't come by due date - there is a possibility that we may induce on Monday. We will see! I have a had a few irregular contractions and some more intense Braxton Hicks, but nothing that we can time. Soon enough we will meet Baby Miller!
Derek and I spent another low key weekend at home. We went to the farmers market, watched a movie, Derek cooked an amazing dinner, and we went out for dinner on Friday to celebrate......DEREK GOT A PROMOTION!!!!! After 2.5 years of working for Vestas and starting just as a Tech, he has been promoted to Assistant Site Manager!!! I am so proud of him! He really, really, really deserves it! Derek is very happy with this new position! Besides a pay raise, he will get a company car! It will be a truck for now, but they may switch to a Hybrid Ford Escape! We feel so very blessed! Derek is very excited about his new job and cannot wait to start! The only downside to the promotion is he has to leave for training August 9th for 4-6 weeks! This is why we are considering being induced Monday - so Derek will be able to be home with baby for a little while before he leaves us. :( Although this seems like it could be quite stressful, we are greatful that it came at a time that I am still on maternity leave. It would be a lot more difficult to juggle if I were back at work! Either way so proud of Derek!
On Sunday Derek and I made a decision that it was time for me to be baptized through our church where we are members and plan to raise our Baby. Although I was baptized as a baby at our family's Luthern church - an infant baptism is not recognized at our current church. You have to be an adult to proclaim that you take Jesus Christ as your personal savior. Sunday our church invited dozens to come forward to be baptized. Although many were planned (like ours) - several people just came up, unplanned, and were baptized. It was awesome! The best part of my baptism was that Derek performed it and Baby got to be a part of all of it. It was very neat!
Derek and I are sooooo ready to meet our little one! At times we get nervous and can't believe that the time is almost upon us, but all in all we are ready to become Mommy and Daddy! Hopefully it will be before Monday!
Derek and I spent another low key weekend at home. We went to the farmers market, watched a movie, Derek cooked an amazing dinner, and we went out for dinner on Friday to celebrate......DEREK GOT A PROMOTION!!!!! After 2.5 years of working for Vestas and starting just as a Tech, he has been promoted to Assistant Site Manager!!! I am so proud of him! He really, really, really deserves it! Derek is very happy with this new position! Besides a pay raise, he will get a company car! It will be a truck for now, but they may switch to a Hybrid Ford Escape! We feel so very blessed! Derek is very excited about his new job and cannot wait to start! The only downside to the promotion is he has to leave for training August 9th for 4-6 weeks! This is why we are considering being induced Monday - so Derek will be able to be home with baby for a little while before he leaves us. :( Although this seems like it could be quite stressful, we are greatful that it came at a time that I am still on maternity leave. It would be a lot more difficult to juggle if I were back at work! Either way so proud of Derek!
On Sunday Derek and I made a decision that it was time for me to be baptized through our church where we are members and plan to raise our Baby. Although I was baptized as a baby at our family's Luthern church - an infant baptism is not recognized at our current church. You have to be an adult to proclaim that you take Jesus Christ as your personal savior. Sunday our church invited dozens to come forward to be baptized. Although many were planned (like ours) - several people just came up, unplanned, and were baptized. It was awesome! The best part of my baptism was that Derek performed it and Baby got to be a part of all of it. It was very neat!
Derek and I are sooooo ready to meet our little one! At times we get nervous and can't believe that the time is almost upon us, but all in all we are ready to become Mommy and Daddy! Hopefully it will be before Monday!
Derek and Emily - I am so proud of both you for so many reasons. It is such a blessing to see how much you have grown in 3 years. God has truly blessed you!
ReplyDelete