Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kitchen Renovations Begin!


After a year of planning our kitchen renovations, it's finally time to start!!! Monday, March 1st we'll begin! My Dad will be driving down and staying the week with us. We were supposed to tear a wall down on Monday, but our contractor (Derek's Uncle) will not be able to come up on Monday. There is a million other things to do, so I am sure we'll stay busy until Wednesday when a different contractor (a friend of my Dad's) will be up to help us tear down our wall! Honestly, that is the day I am looking forward to! We also have some wonderful friends, Beth and Jon and April and Tom, who have offered to help us with whatever we need! We are very lucky to have such great family and friends, not to mention handy family and friends!

We hope everything goes smoothly. Keep your fingers crossed for us! I know it won't be as easy as on TV and is going to be a L-O-N-G road until we are even close to finished, but the end result will be beautiful PLUS we'll both learn a lot about construction and each other! hehe!

I will try to keep our blog updated with pictures and new posts about our kitchen journey! The picture attached to this post is what we are basing our renovation on. We have a few tweaks of our own, but this is our inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm sure it is going to be awesome. I think it is really cool that you are doing it yourself. I'm not sure if we could be of any help...but we'd be willing to try. Let me know. :) We could do a weekend hanging out at your house and working on the house. It would do Chad good to learn something!

    ReplyDelete