The wall came down this weekend! Jon, Beth, and Jonathan Bourque came up this weekend as well as Derek's Uncle Duane. About 10:00 a.m. they started taking down cabinets and by 1:30 p.m. the wall was down!!! Around 5:00p.m. the new header was up and the wall project was complete (last picture). Yeah!! It looks SO open! While the men worked hard on the wall, Beth and I made a Menards run, pizza run, and took care of lil' Jonathan Thomas. It was a great day!
On Sunday, we plan on putting up a sliding door in the family room that will lead to the backyard. It was a great idea that Beth came up with! It will really open up the family room and let so much light in. We're really excited about it! We can't believe it's finally happening! It's starting to all come together!
Stay tuned for more posts!
Stay tuned for more posts!
Looking good! Didn't find any dead mice in the wall? Keep the pictures comin!
ReplyDeleteWhat great progress on just the first day! It is going to look so different. Can't wait to see the next pictures.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!!!! I love it! I was a little obtuse for a second, I looked at the first picture, and was like, wait, what did they do to the wall?? Then, I realized I had to scroll down for the play-by-play! I am so excited for you. I'm seriously going to live vicariously through you and the pictures on your blog since I will not be doing any home improvements any time soon. Very fun! How are you going to cook anything? I mean, how are you gonna make brownies? Or cookies? Or that yummy better-than-sex cake? (which I want the recipe for, by the way!)
ReplyDeleteI want more pictures, one of the new patio door. I am excited, can't wait till weekend, I think I will come with Dad to take a look.
ReplyDelete