Monday, March 16, 2009

Slowly but surely...

Well, we have some cabinets! After a crazy Saturday that included saying "good-bye" to the crazy drywallers, last minute change in wall color, priming and painting the walls, and walling up the old door we finally were able to put in 'some' cabinets on Sunday. I was at Nicki Chisholm's baby shower, but Derek and his Uncle were able to work together and get the cabinets up that you see in the picture, as well as build a wall where a pantry and the peninsula (sp?) are going. Derek and I are going to try to hang some of the cabinets on the other side of the window tonight! Derek thinks he has the hang of it (hahah, no pun intended!) Later today I am ordering the flooring and we should get it in this week, meaning we'll have flooring and appliances this weekend!!! YIPPEE!!!

2 comments:

  1. This kitchen is getting a total makeover.
    I am so amazed at what all you have done. I love the green walls and the cabinets are changing the whole look of everything. Can't wait to see it in person! Stay patient with each other, you're about finished! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Things are totally moving along! So much fun! I like the new wall color. April and I were on the phone looking at your blog and she said, wait, that's not the color she was gonna do and then we had to discuss the change of color and what it was supposed to be and then we decided we like the new color. :) The cabinets look awesome, too. You're gonna be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete