Thursday, March 12, 2009

THE CABINETS ARE HERE!!!





Ok, it's been a long time since I have blogged. It was hard going back to work after being basically off for the last week. Our kitchen progress has been pretty much at a stalemate due to the drywall. Ugh, just seeing the word drywall makes my stomach churn right now! After 5 hours of mudding last Saturday, I knew I didn't want to finish the job so we took the advice of friends and hired someone to do it. When they came in they basically said it would have been easier if I wouldn't have started mudding. They even had to take some of the tape down that I put up! Oh well, lesson learned. So they drywallers came Wednesday and will be done on Saturday morning. This gives Derek about 2-3 hours to put prime down and let it dry before Uncle Duane comes up to start helping to put cabinets in. YIKES!
Anyways, the good news in this blog is that the cabinets were finally delivered today! Only one damaged in transit (a door), but they'll get it replaced asap. So exciting!! There is a picture of what my family room looks like now with all those cabinets in there. There is also a picture of Millie checking out the new cabinets (phew, they passed her inspection. She really liked the color!), and a picture of what the kitchen looks like right now with the drywall mud up.

It's getting closer to being finished. Hopefully after this weekend we'll have the cabinets up and the appliances in!!! I am going to try to order the flooring this weekend and hopefully the countertops. The flooring takes about a week and the countertops could take up to 3 weeks. I don't really care how long it takes, I know it is going to look great when it's done!!

Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. I like the color of the cabinets. It is going to look very nice.Can't wait to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!!!! I saw the picture of all the mudding and couldn't believe you did it..and then read that you did't. It totally looks like a lot of work! You have another busy weekend! It actually seems like it's coming together pretty quickly. Soooooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete