Saturday, March 21, 2009

"This floor is going to look really nice." - Derek Miller







Well, he said it! He actually said (more than once today) that the floor is going to look really nice!!! (Quite a different attitude from a couple of weeks ago!) It really does look nice, though! You can't tell from these pictures how nice they look with the cabinets, but trust me-they do!

So today we put down the flooring. Dad and Derek said it was pretty easy. It only took about 3 hours to lay the tile. While Derek and Dad laid the tile, I worked on staining some more. I put a 3rd coat on the sliding doors, screen, and grills for the doors. I also sanded down the basement door because it had cat scratches in it from the previous owners cat. When the guys were done laying the tile, Dad started grouting, I wiped the grout, and Derek was the waterboy. He probably was the most tired because you have to have pretty clean water to wipe the grout down. He basically did about 75 trips up and down the basement stairs! I told him if this Windmill thing doesn't work out, he'd make a pretty cute waterboy!

Now we are eating brats, pasta salad, and beans (all made out of the electric frying pan and the microwave). Hopefully we'll be using the stove tomorrow night! The plan tomorrow is to get the appliances in, hook them up, and possibly hang the last of the cabinets!

Well, I am going to talk the guys into going to Carl's for ice cream! It's such a nice night!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is wow!!! It is really nice! It will feel so good to walk on it barefoot. I am jealous...Carls for Ice cream and I am home with the dog and cat by myself.GRRR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous, too!!!! I think it looks great! It is totally coming together. It is such a huge job, you guys have put so much work into it, but it is really gonna look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete