Well, after bugging Derek and Dad about replacing the flooring in the kitchen, one of them finally gave in and agreed with me. At around 8:30 a.m. today we started tearing the tile up in the kithen. In 15 minutes it was all tore up! It took another hour or two to get up the gluey, nasty subfloor and clean it all up. After lunch we went and bought new subfloor and rented an air stapler. Derek and Dad spent the rest of the afternoon putting the subfloor in. In the early evening they decided to rent a jack to put up the ceiling drywall. They were able to get one piece up before I got home from work at 7p.m.
Although we hadn't originally planned on putting in duraceramic tile, I think we'll be more happy than the glueless laminate that we were going to put in. We can rest easy about any water spilling in the future!
There are a couple of pictures of our new canister lights and a light in the pantry!! Yeah! Derek and Dad completed their electrical job yesterday. They did a great job and I think Dad taught Derek a lot about wiring.
Tomorrow we start putting up the drywall. I think Derek and I will spend the rest of the weekend mudding. Fun! Our cabinets should be delivered next week and hopefully (keeping our fingers crossed) Jon can come back up next weekend and help us put up our cabinets. Dad and Uncle Duane both have to work, so they won't be able to help. After the cabinets are in, we will be finish our flooring and add our pendant lights. The only last major project we have after that is to take out our old door and put a wall up.
That's all for now!
Although we hadn't originally planned on putting in duraceramic tile, I think we'll be more happy than the glueless laminate that we were going to put in. We can rest easy about any water spilling in the future!
There are a couple of pictures of our new canister lights and a light in the pantry!! Yeah! Derek and Dad completed their electrical job yesterday. They did a great job and I think Dad taught Derek a lot about wiring.
Tomorrow we start putting up the drywall. I think Derek and I will spend the rest of the weekend mudding. Fun! Our cabinets should be delivered next week and hopefully (keeping our fingers crossed) Jon can come back up next weekend and help us put up our cabinets. Dad and Uncle Duane both have to work, so they won't be able to help. After the cabinets are in, we will be finish our flooring and add our pendant lights. The only last major project we have after that is to take out our old door and put a wall up.
That's all for now!
You won't be sorry with the duraceramic I love ours in the kitchen and the bathroom.Riley has put it to the test!! It will look fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteFun! I love fancy floors! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteKitchen is looking AMAZING!!! And Derek is right, the flooring looks really nice! You've done a great job!!! Can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDelete