Saturday, March 7, 2009

Drywall Time

















On Friday we started putting up drywall. Derek and Dad rented a drywall jack to help them put up the ceiling drywall. I think they were very happy they did! It helped a lot. Drywalling is a slow project when you have to cut out every electrical outlet,cut around pipes, and also around windows. Dad ended up driving home again Friday afternoon. Our friends Dave, Laura and Tyler Myers came over in the evening. Dave, Derek and Tyler worked on some more drywall while Laura and I ran to get dinner and enjoyed spending some time together catching up. This weekend we hope to finish the last couple of drywall pieces and hopefully begin mudding. Fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you have a house full of people working and you get to go out and eat dinner and hang out...that's the way to do it!

    When I was in high school, I did a couple of mission trips and I learned how to hang drywall. It was fun to do it with all my friends even if it was hard work. I like mudding and taping and then sanding it all down. We would listen and rock out to oldies music and it was great.

    You guys are really getting stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...we didn't go out for dinner, we went and got it to go for everyone! :) I guess I should have worded that differently! :)

    ReplyDelete