Thursday, March 19, 2009

Staining, cabinets, pantry







So it's been awhile since I've updated the ol' blog. We've been busy doing what we can. Derek's Uncle Duane has come up from Decatur a couple of times this week. On Monday night Derek and I put up two cabinets all by ourselves! It took awhile and it felt as thought we had to become contortionists to get the cabinet level and screwed in...but mission accomplished!

On Tuesday night Duane and Derek put some of the lower cabinets in on either side of the fridge. Wednesday I worked on painting the existing pantry and installing some closetmaid adjustable shelving as well as staining the double sliding doors. Wednesday night Duane came back and he and Derek installed the sink and the rest of the lower cabinets on either side of the sink. It was a challenge getting everything level, but they did it! Thank goodness for shims!

Tonight Derek and I hoping to put up some drywall for the wall of the peninsula. Right now we are sitting here watching TV and feeling lazy. Hopefully we get motivated!

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I like the picture of you guys! You cut your hair!!! I'm growing mine out. I keep reminding myself that when I think I want to get it cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stain on the patio door. The kitchen looks awesome. I can't wait to see new appliances and floor, this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete