Monday, May 18, 2009

Installing the backsplash!







I wanted to get some pictures up of the backsplash. I promised Jen I would! There isn't a lot because the kitchen is a mess and we aren't done with the backsplash yet. I still need to grout.
Yesterday my mom and dad down to help. Dad showed me how to do the backsplash and then helped Derek start installing the wood laminate flooring (pictures to come). I worked until 11:30 in the evening, but finished! I got to use a tile cutting saw with a diamond blade..fun! Derek and Dad got most of the hallway done, but found they had to shave the bottom of some of the doors so they would close over the new floor!

Today I am home sick, so no grouting today. Boo. Tomorrow I'll try to grout and be done with the backsplash! yeah! The last thing to do in the kitchen will be the handles for the cabinet doors and finding a valence for the window. It's almost done!





1 comment:

  1. OMG! I hadn't looked at your blog all week!!!! Sorry! I love it!!!! It looks awesome! I like the ones with the mini squares but I also like that there aren't too many of them, that you spread them out. Very cool!!!! I can't wait to see it in person! I was excited to come in june and now I'm not sure we'll even be there in July!!! I got home late tonight from book club and Chad is passed out on the couch so I'll have to see if I can figure out if we're going to that concert hopefully this weekend. I'll let you know! It's only two months away...

    ReplyDelete