Sunday, January 17, 2010

Update - 13 weeks is here!




I have been bad about posting to our blog! Today is the start of week 13 (purple picture)of my pregnancy!! As I look down to my stomach, I still don't see much difference from week 8(green picture)!

We went to the doctor last week and heard Baby Miller's heartbeat again. The doctor said it was about 160bpm. Perfect! She told us that all restrictions were lifted and I could start working out again! I am so excited about this!! When we walked out of the office. the doctor made the comment "I'm betting you are going to deliver a week early!" Ahhh!!! This is NOT what Derek and I hope for! For one, that is pretty much Maggie's birthday and for two I want to stay out of the work longer into the school year!!! :) So my goal is to prove her wrong!!

I don't know if we've mentioned, but we are waiting to find out the sex of Baby Miller. Kim swears up and down that we are having a girl because Maggie and Maysn's heartbeats were high (just like the old wive's tale). Beth, on the other hand, says JT's heartbeat was 169. Somedays Derek and I swear it's going to be a boy because all I want is MEAT! Other days we think girl because I can cry at the most simple things. Who knows, we will be happy either way. We just hope and pray that we will be blessed with a healthy baby!

We continue to marvel at all the new devlopments our Baby is experiencing as we read in the Pregnancy Week by Week book. Baby Miller should be almost 3 inches long this week and the size of an orange! Wow!!

We have another doctor appointment in a week at 14 weeks. We are crossing our fingers we will be able to see the baby in an ultrasound. I've told Derek I may get down on my hands and knees and start crying if she doesn't let us!



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging again. Since we can't see you as often as we would like - this helps to keep us connected. You are just beginning a new chapter in your married life that is going to change both of you. And it will be a positive change, as both of you are prepared and ready to be parents. We are so happy for you!
    Love,
    Mom Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you posted pictures of you actual belly. You are brave...you look great. I didn't start showing until about 5 months with Jordan...although I'm definitely showing now and I just hit 4 months. I think we are going to wait and not find out if we are having a boy or girl, too. Although I've been thinking about it more and more and I'm really anxious to know. I think I can hold out though. Our 20 week ultrasound is schedule for 2/13. AND, my doctor said she just put in for vacation the week of my due date so she may take me early...which would be great to me because I don't want to be pregnant all summer. I'm hoping I can get her to induce me before June is over if I don't go into labor before then. So much fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete