Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chicago Baby Shower




This weekend was a busy one! We spent Saturday doing yardwork and residing the shed. Derek worked hard on tearing the old siding off and cutting new to put up. He got half of it done in one day! He was also busy making sure I took lots of breaks, too. I was busy digging up some hostas, splitting them, and replanting. What a great husband and Daddy-to-be I have!!

On Sunday we were thrown a brunch baby shower in Aurora, IL at The Lanzara house by Jen and April. All of our Chicago friends were able to make it! It was so much fun and so great to see everyone at one place! It was a "couples shower" which was fun because we got to see everyone and their spouses and kids, too. I think the kids had a blast with each other, despite the temps! We just wished we could have visted with everyone longer! The shower itself was so neat! April and Jen did such a good job! They had the most amazing food: homemade quiche, cheesey potatoes, french toast casserole, pastries, and fruit. YUM!!! I was in food heaven! I also got to compare bellies with Jen and Stacey! Jen is due July 7th and Stacey July 21st. We are all waiting to find the sex out - so it was neat trying to guess what each other was having. It was a great day and we are so thankful that we have such wonderful friends! We got some great gifts, but most of all it was wonderful spending time with great friends that we don't get to see very often!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! The shower was fun! I'm glad you had fun. I couldn't believe that everyone was able to make it, it was perfect...except for the crazy heat! Did you get everything put away??? I can't wait to see more pictures of the nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete