Ok, I think I was wrong about the start of the third trimester. My baby books says it started at 25 weeks, but everything else says the 28th week is the start. So - we'll go with NOW we're in the third trimester! Yeah! In less than 12 weeks Baby Miller will be here!
We are busy busy getting the nursery ready. Daddy finished the changing table "booster". He built and stained a riser for the changing table. It looks great! Now we can change baby at the window seat and won't have to bend down and hurt our backs! This weekend Daddy also put the finishing touches on Baby's closet. He hung all the trim on the inside and outside. Last weekend I hung the closet organizer and now Baby's closet is complete! I tried to get the Daddy-to-be to stand in one of the pictures next to his handywork, but of course he wouldn't!
The weekend before we also hung roman shades on the windows and cleaned all the windows. I also bought some new baskets for storage in Baby's window seat. Now we have a place to put everything needed to care for Baby Miller!
There's also a picture of our fireplace. We took the gold glass/screen off and spray painted it black. I think we have FINALLY successfully gotten rid of everything gold in the downstairs We've changed out outlet covers, light fixtures, ceiling fans, door handles, and hinges. Much better!
Lastly, today we bought a chest of drawers! It was another craigslist find! I love craigslist! What a deal - it pretty much matches the crib! Yeah! I changed out the handles and now it looks perfect!
We are really having fun getting the nursery ready! Baby continues to keep growing and kicking away! Baby Miller is supposed to be almost 2.5 lbs and 14 inches long. On Thursday we are getting a 3D ultrasound! We'll get to see how close Baby is to that. Pictures to come!
Baby's room looks real nice. Everything is really coming together. Just missing a few little things. Maybe a nice Teddy Bear from Grandma? See if we can fix that. ;)
ReplyDeleteYeah!!!! So exciting! I'm so happy for you! You look great! I can't wait to see you! I loved getting Jordan's room ready. We've been doing just little stuff so far for this baby just because there's not so much we really need/can do since buying a whole new house with a-whole-nother bedroom just isn't going to happen.
ReplyDeleteI'll be 31 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe I'm into single digits on my weekly countdown! I had my Dr. appointment today and she said I'm measuring kind of small, not too small, but just to be safe and make sure the baby has enough fluid and everything I'm getting an ultrasound on Thursday. I'm excited to see the baby again. All of a sudden I'm dying to know if it's a girl or a boy but I'm going to stay strong and not find out! My Dr. also said I can do an elective induction since Jordan was so big and I had a 4th degree laceration with him so as long as my cervix is "favorable" I'll be able to hopefully be induced a week before my due date. I'm getting really excited to meet this little munchkin!!!! :)